We’re absolutely over the moon to announce that we’ve ranked 12th in the UK’s Best Workplaces for Wellbeing 2023!
We believe Student Beans is only as great as its employees – which is why we’re proud to be an employee-led company. This means all our wellbeing practices are informed by our people as they know better than anyone what will have the greatest impact on their wellbeing.
“Creating a fantastic employee experience is at the heart of everything we do at Student Beans and having a genuine focus on employee wellbeing is a key part of that.” said Student Beans Chief People Officer, Jenny Crawford. “It’s great to receive recognition of our progress so far and we’re excited to move even further forward in this area!”
The global authority on workplace culture, Great Place to Work, analysed thousands of employee surveys, assessing people’s holistic experiences of wellbeing at work to determine the UK’s Best Workplaces™ for Wellbeing list.
The surveys asked employees to comment on how their company supports their work-life balance, sense of fulfilment, job satisfaction, psychological safety and financial security. Evaluations also included an assessment of how well the organisation was able to deliver consistency of their employee experience across all departments and seniority levels.
Student Beans’ focus on workplace wellbeing
All of Student Beans’ wellbeing policies are shaped by feedback from our workforce. There are so many opportunities for colleagues to provide their thoughts and ideas on what would make Student Beans an even better place to work, including:
- Regular focus groups
- Weekly three-question pulse surveys
- Engagement surveys
- Staff polls in Slack
- Anonymous suggestions box which are addressed by our Senior Management Team.
Each piece of feedback we receive is carefully considered, and in a lot of cases, it’s implemented too!
Some of our favourite wellbeing policies which have been introduced as a result of Student Beans being truly employee-led are:
- Unlimited annual leave – yup, you read that right, we really do offer our whole workforce unlimited holidays.
- Flex-Friday policy – preventing burnout and providing a fab work/life balance is super important to us, so we introduced flexi-time across the business.
- Wellness allowance – after all, not everyone is a gym person and there are hundreds of ways our employees love to maintain good personal wellness.
- Personal development – our colleagues wanted more control over their personal development, so we handed it to them in buckets with cash to spend with Learnably and training opps through SIA.
- Endometriosis friendly employer – after a colleague shared their personal experience and asked us to do more, we proudly put in the work to become an Endo-friendly employer.
- Wellbeing webinars – we host quarterly webinars focused around key wellbeing topics, with our staff voting for what they want covered.
- Enhanced parental leave – our employees wanted to be able to spend more time with their little beans when they came along, which is just what we’ve delivered.
- SHARP shindigs – after transitioning to a remote-first business, we’ve introduced monthly in-person socials at our working hubs for those that want some face time.
Want to learn more about what makes Student Beans such an amazing place to work? Check out our Great Place to Work listing.